Evernote is an application that allows you to securely save, easily sort and sync, and then use information and notes for business, daily activities and hobbies.
The abilities of the human brain are incredibly wide: from solving the most complex mathematical problems in the mind to knowing several foreign languages. However, remembering information takes some time, sometimes a lot, and therefore sometimes we need something to help keep the necessary notes, materials and memories close at hand.
This is where Evernote comes to the rescue.
On a long trip, when you usually have to carry a pile of papers with you with important information like flight number and departure time, tourist routes, city maps and much more. Evernote helps you save precious space in your suitcase.
One has only to download the application to a smartphone or tablet, and everything will become much easier – all the necessary data will always be at hand. And thanks to a well-thought-out tagging system, convenient search and division into notebooks, you can easily navigate through all your entries.
Photos and videos – invaluable sources of travel memories – can also be stored in Evernote.
Various lists, whether it be books that you need to read, movies you want to watch, or lists of important numbers – all this will no longer get lost among the countless files and folders on your computer, and your desk will not be littered with small pieces of paper with to-do lists, information about meetings and other daily concerns.
If it often happens to you that you find an interesting site on the Internet, and then lose it among your bookmarks, and sometimes you just don’t remember why you saved this or that page, then Evernote can be a good solution to the problem.
With it, you will be able to save the web page you need or only part of it, and read it at your convenience.
Evernote syncs your devices so you can access important information anytime from your phone, tablet, laptop or computer. In addition, Evernote allows you to collaborate on projects with your colleagues thanks to the ability to set up document sharing.
Additional programs and services provided by developers may also be used with Evernote.
- Feedly – allows you to conveniently organize your favorite blogs and sites, read them and share them;
- Sunrise Calendar – connects to Evernote and sends all reminders from it directly to the calendar;
- Blinkist will always keep you up to date with what’s new in non-fiction, as well as provide information on the key ideas of the best non-fiction books.
Despite the presence of many other programs for recording and storing information, many users prefer Evernote, because it has a number of advantages.
1. Evernote works not only with text, but also with photos and audio recordings – all in one place, at your fingertips.
2. Evernote is compatible with different devices – phone, tablet, PC, and is also available on different platforms – iOS, Android, Widows Phone, Blackberry. Of course, all devices are synchronized with each other, and you get access to information anytime, anywhere.
3. Convenient interface and rich functionality – in addition to the fact that you can divide your notes into notebooks, you can also use Evernote chat, create reminders, edit photos, convert audio recordings to text and much more.
At the same time, the possibilities of the program are constantly expanding, developers are constantly looking for new ways to organize work and study as efficiently as possible. Evernote’s attractive design is intuitive and easy to use.
4. You can learn more about the program thanks to the fact that Evernote has its own blog, which is regularly updated, from where you will get acquainted with the most effective ways to use the service, get tips on working with it, learn about how it helps other people in their work, and also read many other useful and fascinating materials.
So where do you start?
Evernote has three account types – Evernote Basic (free), Evernote Plus, and Evernote Premium. Plus and Premium accounts expand the range of features, but if you are not going to use Evernote for business, then the basic version will most likely be enough for you.
First you need to go through a simple and quick registration. All you need to do is enter your email address and create a password.
Once this is done, you can get to work right away. You can use the site, or you can download the program to your computer – depending on which option is most convenient for you.