Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracker, the #1 travel app in over 150 countries.
Turn your phone or tablet into a real-time aircraft tracking device and watch flights around the world move in real time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane to see where it’s going and what kind of plane it is. Download for free today and find out why millions of people track flights and check their status with Flightradar24.
Favorite Features of Flightradar24
- See aircraft movements around the world in real time
- Identify overhead flights and view flight information, including a photo of the aircraft itself, by simply pointing your device at the sky.
- See what an airplane pilot sees in 3D
- Click on an aircraft to view flight details such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual departure time, aircraft type, speed, altitude, high-resolution photos of the actual aircraft, and more.
- View historical data and watch playback of past flights
- Click on the airport icon to see arrivals and departures, flight status, aircraft on the ground, current delay statistics and detailed weather conditions.
- Search for individual flights by flight number, airport or airline.
- Filter flights by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
- With Wear OS, you can view a list of nearby aircraft, view basic flight information, and view an aircraft on the map when you tap on it.
Flightradar24 is a free flight tracking app that includes all of the above features. If you want even more great features from Flightradar24, there are two upgrade options – Silver and Gold – and each comes with a free trial.
- 90 days of flight tracking history
- Additional aircraft details such as serial number and age
- More flight details like vertical speed and scream
- Filters and alerts to find and track flights of interest to you.
- Current weather for over 3,000 airports overlaid on a map
- All features included in Flightradar24 Silver +
- 365 days of flight history
- Detailed real-time weather layers for clouds and precipitation
- Aeronautical charts and ocean tracks showing flight paths across the sky.
- Air traffic control (ATC) boundaries that show which controllers are responsible for a flight
- Advanced Mode S data – even more information about flight altitude, speed, wind and temperature conditions during flight, if available.
How Flightradar24 works
Most aircraft today are equipped with ADS-B transponders that transmit position data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of over 20,000 ground stations around the world to receive this data, which is then displayed as aircraft movement on a map in the app. In an increasing number of regions, with the help of multilateration, we can calculate the positions of aircraft that do not have ADS-B transponders. Coverage in North America is also complemented by real-time radar data. Coverage is variable and subject to change at any time.